4.30.2012

Curve Ball

Has life ever sent you a curve ball? Or it seems like life takes a huge u-turn? 

Hubbers and I experienced one of these big u-turns the other day.
Baby Buttercup, who we thought was a boy....

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

At my 18 week appointment the Doc asked me if I have already found out the sex and I said yes its a boy. He said lets just double check. The Doc froze an in-between the leg shot. I blurted out- "THATS A GIRL!!". {I had looked up online a couple of months ago the difference between male & female ultrasound photos. Why? Because I am just that crazed} My Doc said he did not see any boy parts that the baby is ALL girl. 

I then began to feel so at peace. I had always felt like Buttercup was a girl, and I was so shocked at the gender reveal party that the cupcakes were blue. Then I began to feel so stupid. I had this big party to celebrate that Buttercup was a boy- not a girl. I knew that having an ultrasound done at 13 weeks was so early, but I wanted to believe that I could find out that early. The technician did tell me she was 99% sure the baby was  a boy too. You can ready all about my boy gender reveal here
I joked with my mom on the way to the appointment that the Doc would say it was a girl. I guess my "mothers instinct" was right after all!

Most have been asking if we are upset about the change, but we are so so happy. We have always said- girl or boy it doesn't matter, we just want a healthy baby. 

Am I still hesitant to go out a buy a closet full of pink clothes?? Yes a little. Even tho I know in my heart Buttercup is a girl. I have another appointment in 2 weeks so I can just verify.

So heres to our family of 3!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...