5.25.2012

The Great Rug Debacle

I know this is going to seem very shallow that a great debacle I am currently having is over a rug but, I stress over the little details.

We, but that I mean I, have finally decided on colors for Baby Buttercups nursery! I was originally thinking a Tiffany blue with pink and I purchased this rug from Urban Outfitters. It was on back order until June. 




Then I decided the Tiffany blue is not my color and I was just seeing it all over Pinterest and was captivated by Tiffany blue. That Tiffany blue has captivating powers and gets you sucked in. When we thought Baby Buttercup was a boy I had picked out this navy herringbone rug from Urban Outfitters



I then became very fickle and wend back and forth from Tiffany blue to navy. I was asking everyone I know which color they liked best. That turned out to be no hope because everyone was split. 

Back to the drawling board. I began the search all over for new inspiration. And then I found this:


source

And this too:

source


And then it was decided, a grey, pink and yellow nursery it will be. 
I always knew I wanted the walls painted gray, and that was done before we even moved into the new place. 

So now that I am 100% decided on colors, I have to go back to finding a new rug. Then out of the depths of my rug despair {saying in a very overly dramatic tone}, I found a great yellow rug on Overstock! It was perfection. Chenille. Shag. Perfection. 



 Ordered it  and it came in and it was not even close to perfection. It was a beige/pale yellow, very nice but not what I wanted. I was crushed and was even trying to talk myself into liking it for the room-but it was so not going to work. 
So back to square one- completely rug-less. 
I can tell you all feel such pity for me and my Great Rug Debacle. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...